im buying a new car and the new jaguar xf looks good, but is it a reliable car.

im buying a new car and the new jaguar xf looks good, but is it a reliable car.

Postby LayerSpace44 » Sun May 24, 2009 2:50 pm

i hear jaguars are very unreliable and only to buy one if im ready to spend a few grand getting it repaired all the time. is the xf a reliable car??
LayerSpace44

Re: im buying a new car and the new jaguar xf looks good, but is it a reliable car. Nope. They are unreliable. And

Postby twentor » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:12 am

Nope. They are unreliable. And expensive to maintain and insure and require premium gas.

But if you can afford all of that, then you should not worry about the cost to fix.
twentor

Re: im buying a new car and the new jaguar xf looks good, but is it a reliable car. Jaguar has been improving quali

Postby marrokanec » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:37 am

Jaguar has been improving quality over the years. In 2008, Jaguar has scored 7th in the Initial quality rating by JD power. 6th was Toyota and 5th was Mercedes. It doesn't seem to make sense but it is true. The Xf might have problems but I think it is a pretty reliable car. Road and Track, a car magazine, did a long-term test with the Jaguar XK for 50,000 miles. The XK is the same chassis as the XF but the XF has four doors. It only had minor problems such as the seat wouldn't work but then worked a again after a while. Or a piece of trim would come off but could be put back on by yourself. The cost of repairs ( such as fixing the seat or trim pieces) have only been $200 for 50,000 miles. There were no expensive repairs but when they were in for maintanence service, (such as oil changes etc.), they said the customer service was excellent. Maintanence is expensive, it was $2322 for 50,000 miles. Wait for Road and Track to give a full review in the next month, they will cover everything. I think you would be fine with the XF.
marrokanec

Re: im buying a new car and the new jaguar xf looks good, but i

Postby stones27 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 pm

marrokanec wrote:Jaguar has been improving quality over the years. In 2008, Jaguar has scored 7th in the Initial quality rating by JD power. 6th was Toyota and 5th was Mercedes. It doesn't seem to make sense but it is true. The Xf might have problems but I think it is a pretty reliable car. Road and Track, a car magazine, did a long-term test with the Jaguar XK for 50,000 miles. The XK is the same chassis as the XF but the XF has four doors. It only had minor problems such as the seat wouldn't work but then worked a again after a while. Or a piece of trim would come off but could be put back on by yourself. The cost of repairs ( such as fixing the seat or trim pieces) have only been $200 for 50,000 miles. There were no expensive repairs but when they were in for maintanence service, (such as oil changes etc.), they said the customer service was excellent. Maintanence is expensive, it was $2322 for 50,000 miles. Wait for Road and Track to give a full review in the next month, they will cover everything. I think you would be fine with the XF.

Man, sounds like you did your research. If I had the money to buy a Jaguar, you just sold me! I wonder if I can find one used in any free auto classifieds
stones27

Postby Christina » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 am

Consumer report gives it review as "Much worse than average"... How can we completely rely on it :? My personal view would be the same even.. :P

Jaguar cars for sale
Christina

Postby Jimmy Pink » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 am

I don't think that Jaguar cars are unreliable. Jaguar cars have variety of features that makes it one of the most luxurious cars nowadays. Jaguar parts have materials that makes people feel comfortable. Like the seats, it is made with Italian leather. It has a climate control. Jaguar cars have fast and strong engine. Jaguar cars can provide you with many options like the color and style of your car and also with the engine too.
Jimmy Pink

Postby jessie1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 am

Now I know that jaguar is unreliable. Thanks for reminding me this.

Re: im buying a new car and the new jaguar xf looks good, b

Postby Dereck » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:21 am

Jaguars are the most unreliable cars on the market. They may look like high quality luxury cars, but mechanically, a ford or chevrolet would outlast it.
Last edited by Dereck on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dereck

Postby albertreg » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:59 pm

yeah its about to avg but they are improving from years

Buy Dining Table
Buy Dining Table
albertreg

Postby Cynabal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Your answer can be found here:

http://autos.ca.msn.com/showroom/consum ... ds?page=10

Reliability: 154% worse than average

Talk about a drop-off. After covering so much ground in terms of quality and satisfaction of ownership, 2011's dependability study shows how much more work is needed for the British luxury car maker. It's more than 100 percentage points less reliable than the second-lowest ranked auto brand. In Jaguar's defence, only two of its models were surveyed by Consumer Reports, but those two models — the XJ and XF — nonetheless received dependability scores of 150 and 160 per cent less reliable than the average car, respectively.

I have this car, it is a beauty but is painfully unreliable. Way too many visits to maintenance bay. IMHO, keeping this car beyond warranty is financial suicide if the failure rate is sustained.

... back to Acura.
Cynabal

Next

Return to Jaguar Forum