What second hand Jaguar car should I buy.

What second hand Jaguar car should I buy.

Postby ameklyalisy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:50 pm

I currently drive a 1997 Mercedes C230K Sport, but want to get something with more prestige. My budget is up to £8000. It's either got to be an XJ series saloon, an S type or the X type. I only like saloon cars.
ameklyalisy

Re: What second hand Jaguar car should I buy. Stick with Mercedes

Postby Jonna Byers » Thu May 28, 2009 11:55 am

Stick with Mercedes
Jonna Byers

Re: What second hand Jaguar car should I buy. XJ would be the one to get.

Postby pepedo » Fri May 29, 2009 4:11 pm

ameklyalisy wrote:I currently drive a 1997 Mercedes C230K Sport, but want to get something with more prestige. My budget is up to £8000. It's either got to be an XJ series saloon, an S type or the X type. I only like saloon cars.

XJ would be the one to get.

The S type has had some bad press.

The X type is just a Mondeo with different body panels.
pepedo

Re: What second hand Jaguar car should I buy. The XJ is the most reliable and

Postby offiteBok » Fri May 29, 2009 8:14 pm

The XJ is the most reliable and most luxurious of the three.
offiteBok

Re: What second hand Jaguar car should I buy. yes the resale value on the jag

Postby Leviton » Sat May 30, 2009 3:27 pm

ameklyalisy wrote:I currently drive a 1997 Mercedes C230K Sport, but want to get something with more prestige. My budget is up to £8000. It's either got to be an XJ series saloon, an S type or the X type. I only like saloon cars.

yes the resale value on the jag is poor BUT that also means you can get more second hand car for the money - I'd try as late a model v8 s-type as you can afford - or, if you are really lucky you just might be able to pick up an S-type R - underrated by the buying public but at the prices you can get them for there is no competion in my opinion
Leviton

Re: What second hand Jaguar car should I buy. Once you buy your jag you will

Postby terginomer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:38 am

Once you buy your jag you will wonder why you ever had the merc in the first place,iv had two mercs and thought they were both a crock of spanners! My brother in law paid nearly £10k for a 52plate s type last year from a forecourt,yet i saw one on a 53plate couple of weeks ago at the auctions and it went for£5k. Don't pay the dealer prices.I wouldn't touch an x type with a barge pole,like the other chap says they are a mondeo in disguise.The best of the bunch will all-ways be the xj series if its prestige you are wanting,and the ride difference between one of them and your merc is the equivalent of a thoroughbred horse and a blackpool donkey,plenty of them about within your budget just make sure its been serviced regularly,dont worry too much about the mileage on the clock it was the OLD series xj that were "smokers" and one more thing,,,,an xj still turns heads towards it,i bet no,one notices the merc?
terginomer

Re: What second hand Jaguar car should I buy. I'd stick with the Merc to

Postby blgspoffy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:19 pm

I'd stick with the Merc to be honest - boss tried selling his S recently in beautiful condition! Got next to nothing for it.
blgspoffy

Re: What second hand Jaguar car should I buy. i'd stick with the merc. ja

Postby quecafa » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:51 am

i'd stick with the merc. jag's are made by ford company
quecafa

Re: What second hand Jaguar car should I buy.

Postby mediaprizm » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 am

More and more people are turning to second hand cars in order to make the most of their current budget. It's something that makes sense since it's quite possible to find good quality used cars selling for much less than their brand new counterparts.
Last edited by mediaprizm on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mediaprizm

Re: What second hand Jaguar car should I buy.

Postby jwatson » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:53 pm

I prefer Mercedes
www.quickgarage.com
jwatson

Next

Return to Jaguar Forum