what do you think about a car Jaguar x type or s type.

what do you think about a car Jaguar x type or s type.

Postby Koshasa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:25 pm

I am looking for a Jag either x or S type

people telling me all kind of bad stuff about my purchase. why that?
Koshasa

Re: what do you think about a car Jaguar x type or s type. x type is no more than a re-ski

Postby Miorettu » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:25 am

x type is no more than a re-skinned Ford Taurus, there is a reason they stopped making it. I've also been inside an s type, i wasn't really impressed with the interior for the money you spend. I say look at a different brand all together.
Miorettu

Re: what do you think about a car Jaguar x type or s type. I think the X type has a V12 mo

Postby Derrida » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:42 pm

I think the X type has a V12 motor , so I don't think it would be too economical with the current fuel prices...
Derrida

Re: what do you think about a car Jaguar x type or s type. Ok, I will give you a low down

Postby Parisana » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:06 am

Ok, I will give you a low down on the jags since I have researched them for so long:

The S-Type: Avoid it, too many problems....Trannys, mechanical, electrical components, etc.

The X Type - Avoid the 2.5L, IF you get the 3.0L you will generally avoid problems as long as you get a 2003 or newer.

So try to find an X-Type.

2003 or newer.

3.0 L engine.

And you will have a good bargain on your hands becuase they depreciate quickly and are great value for the money.

EDIT:Like the previous guy said, the XJs are pretty sweet too!
Parisana

Re: what do you think about a car Jaguar x type or s type. Jaguar for a long time always h

Postby Cepelin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:24 am

Jaguar for a long time always had a bad wrap of mechanical issues and outdated technology for the cost.

Look to a BMW.

Good Luck.
Cepelin

Re: what do you think about a car Jaguar x type or s type. as a jag owner i can give you t

Postby levasano » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:37 am

Koshasa wrote:I am looking for a Jag either x or S type

people telling me all kind of bad stuff about my purchase. why that?

as a jag owner i can give you the some intelligent answers that seem to be lacking by the comments Ive read....x-type is the smallest of the jags ..and unless your small in stature you wont be happy with the cabin room......they don't get hi marks for reliability..but they do make a manual trans version....if u like sticks.....they come mostly with 6 cyl.engines that are not gas guzzlers..but the mpg isn't good....i look for the new owners of jag to remove this car from their lineup soon......now the s type.....more cabin room but still not roomy if you are a big guy....reliability is below average for a car of this price....this by far is the most popular jag and it comes in a convertible model ...now to xj they make xj8, xj8L,xj8 vanden plaus...these ear my favs. and i own one myself xj8 vanden plaus.......jag makes more expensive cars up to 200,000 dollars....but the xj cars in my opinion are great...cost between 68,000 to 85,000......jags at one time had a bad rap because of their electrical systems but after ford bought them that all changed...but i can tell u this i work on these cars daily and when any jag breaks for whatever reason hold onto your hat because its gonna cost u plenty of cash to repair.....not many people own jags,and most tell u stuff they heard in the 70s ...so if u want a jag im all for it ,but if u need reliability,mpg,and cheaper service try a Honda or Mazda,etc....
levasano

Re: what do you think about a car Jaguar x type or s type. jaguars are awesome cars; power

Postby Levelupme » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:08 am

jaguars are awesome cars; power, luxury, styling. the reason they say bad stuff is because they dont have one!
Levelupme

Re: what do you think about a car Jaguar x type or s type.

Postby andysmith » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 am

Jaguar is known for comfortable sitting and stylish designs of dash boards, But we should not neglect importance of car insurance, as it is a important plan to get.
andysmith

Postby Getsumj » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:53 pm

After reading the previous replies, I kind of chuckled a little bit. I currently own six vehicles, one of which is a 2006 3.0 awd Xtype. It has 115k on it and I have maintained the car very well. I can honestly say that this Jaguar has had no problems that differ from any other car. The normal brakes, tires, and other wear items are expected. The only bad things were the overflow tank (known issue), the brake fluid cap, the seat heater elements, and the fabric coming off the A pilars. Part are expensive, make no mistake, but if you take care of a Jag, they will last a long time. I have to disagree with the previous poster on the "BMW" being a better car. I have owned two,(Z3 and 325i) and both had many problems, mostly electrical. I love my Jag, and to me the most beautiful car ever built was the X-Type, followed by the Xj6. They have a timeless design and are the sexiest sedans on the road today. Oh, and with 115k, I still get an impeccable 24.6mph which is outstanding for a V6 with AWD.
Getsumj

Postby romy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 am

I think s type is great as it has sober and antique look. :roll:
romy

Return to Jaguar Forum