pls bail me out my ford car rev up and down at initial startup.

pls bail me out my ford car rev up and down at initial startup.

Postby Parisana » Thu May 21, 2009 10:10 am

Any time that i start my scorpio ford car in the morning it will be reving up and down instead of steady slow running
Parisana

Re: pls bail me out my ford car rev up and down at initial startup. Check all the linkages you can

Postby andrekuper » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Check all the linkages you can see and get too.

Lubricate including wire that operates the carb.

Could be a computer control problem, in that case it is going to cost you. You need to get it diagnosed first.
andrekuper

Re: pls bail me out my ford car rev up and down at initial startup. You need to have it tune up. S

Postby Uranus » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:16 am

You need to have it tune up. Spark plugs, wires, air filter and have the MAF sensor clean. Then reset the computer (just remove the battery terminal for about 30 minutes.
Uranus

Re: pls bail me out my ford car rev up and down at initial startup. ahhh i had two 89' 90'

Postby Maicaispads » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:01 pm

ahhh i had two 89' 90' mustangs gt 's and they idle up and down and sometimes stayed up at around 1500-2200 rpm i had to turn off the car and turn it back on....its your idle positioning sensor but im guessing if yours is carburated then you throtle might be gunked up and causes it to stick a bit open or or your chock is stickin open
Maicaispads

Return to Ford Forum