Where can I find a replacement steering wheel center emblem for a 2002 ford ranger edge.How do I replace it.

Where can I find a replacement steering wheel center emblem for a 2002 ford ranger edge.How do I replace it.

Postby BMW-Z4 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:20 pm

I bought a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge.On the Steering Wheel the Ford Emblem was dented in.I'm just trying to find one and replace it to make it look better.
BMW-Z4

Re: Where can I find a replacement steering wheel center emblem for a 2002 ford ranger edge.How do I replace it. You can either go to a local ju

Postby sagarrian » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 am

You can either go to a local junk yard and peal of the blue raised emplem and re silicone it on your wheel careful not to dent the new one or you have to replace the whole air bag unit which is removed by 2, 7mm bolts behind the wheel on each side you will see 2 little wholes where u gain acces to the bolts
sagarrian

Re: Where can I find a replacement steering wheel center emblem for a 2002 ford ranger edge.How do I replace it. Unfortunately the emblem may be

Postby achierattex » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:31 pm

BMW-Z4 wrote:I bought a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge.On the Steering Wheel the Ford Emblem was dented in.I'm just trying to find one and replace it to make it look better.

Unfortunately the emblem may be part of the airbag assembly. Better check with Ford to find out if it is available seperately. If it is most likely it is held with double sided 3m mounting tape.
achierattex

Re: Where can I find a replacement steering wheel center emblem for a 2002 ford ranger edge.How do I replace it. If it's an applied emblem,

Postby RapidshareFan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:39 am

BMW-Z4 wrote:I bought a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge.On the Steering Wheel the Ford Emblem was dented in.I'm just trying to find one and replace it to make it look better.

If it's an applied emblem, you may be able to carefully remove the old one. You can get good glues to super impose another like emblem over the old one. Talk to your ford parts man about a replacement emblem.

But, like the previous poster submitted, if it's 'one' with an air bag cover, ie pressed into the vinyl, you'd be out of luck. My question is how it got dented?
RapidshareFan

Return to Ford Forum