My 05 Ford focus check battery icon is on, so i took it to auto zone to check if my battery was bad..

My 05 Ford focus check battery icon is on, so i took it to auto zone to check if my battery was bad..

Postby robbsingletoon » Sun May 17, 2009 3:07 am

The guy told me that the battery was good and so was the alternator. So is there any thing actually wrong or just an electrical short. And the icon does not turn on all the time. Please help
robbsingletoon

Re: My 05 Ford focus check battery icon is on, so i took it to auto zone to check if my battery was bad.. If the battery and alternator i

Postby fcddcdesd » Wed May 27, 2009 1:21 pm

If the battery and alternator is good.. i would check for loose connector on the alternator. good luck..
fcddcdesd

Re: My 05 Ford focus check battery icon is on, so i took it to auto zone to check if my battery was bad.. Bring it to a Fiat dealer.

Postby TOMAS MCBRIDE » Sat May 30, 2009 8:23 pm

robbsingletoon wrote:The guy told me that the battery was good and so was the alternator. So is there any thing actually wrong or just an electrical short. And the icon does not turn on all the time. Please help

Bring it to a Fiat dealer.
TOMAS MCBRIDE

Re: My 05 Ford focus check battery icon is on, so i took it to auto zone to check if my battery was bad.. bring it to a shop as the alter

Postby Jackie » Sun May 31, 2009 4:36 am

robbsingletoon wrote:The guy told me that the battery was good and so was the alternator. So is there any thing actually wrong or just an electrical short. And the icon does not turn on all the time. Please help

bring it to a shop as the alternator on the Ford Focus is controlled by the PCM on that model if I remember. and they have had some issues with alternators causing issues like that.

If not, you may have a connection problem.
Jackie

Return to Ford Forum