How do you take the fan off of the water pump in a 1995 dodge truck. I am replacing the water pump..

How do you take the fan off of the water pump in a 1995 dodge truck. I am replacing the water pump..

Postby Pimky » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:18 am

After I got the water pump and fan out of the truck, I cant get the fan off of the water pump.
Pimky

Re: How do you take the fan off of the water pump in a 1995 dodge truck. I am replacing the water pump.. You need a fan clutch wrench. T

Postby aszblogs » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:08 am

You need a fan clutch wrench. The threads are reversed so you have to go left to loosen it. You will have to get the wrench on there and give it a good snap, then it will come off easily.
aszblogs

Re: How do you take the fan off of the water pump in a 1995 dodge truck. I am replacing the water pump.. Auto Zone rents the the tool yo

Postby Makkarto » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Auto Zone rents the the tool you need.
Makkarto

Re: How do you take the fan off of the water pump in a 1995 dodge truck. I am replacing the water pump.. There should be 4 bolts around

Postby cillimucho » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:38 pm

There should be 4 bolts around the shaft where it meets the fan base. You may need a big pair of pliers to hold onto the hub so you can turn the wrench. Unless that dodge has a fun that threads onto the shaft like some of the ford powerstrokes did.
cillimucho

Re: How do you take the fan off of the water pump in a 1995 dod

Postby hybenz » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:52 am

Pimky wrote:After I got the water pump and fan out of the truck, I cant get the fan off of the water pump.

A thread that has been around for years but I have noticed that most of the third gens are using an actual sender for the e fan. What would it mean? I would double check their writeups. But other than that it sounds like you have it all set up. Do you have the hanes manual or the service manual? On the other hand, it’s easy to find dodge ram suspension parts online.
hybenz

Return to Dodge Forum