What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like.

What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like.

Postby Kirsten Trevino » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:01 pm

what does the car look like under the hood? and not just the engine but everything else too
Kirsten Trevino

Re: What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like. it looks like a damn charger en

Postby bambinio » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:40 am

it looks like a damn charger engine.... what else did you expect.???

lmao @ your question
bambinio

Re: What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like. They paint the bay with black a

Postby marsian2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:21 pm

Kirsten Trevino wrote:what does the car look like under the hood? and not just the engine but everything else too

They paint the bay with black and white stripes.

and the intake has a big badge painted on it.

What kinda question is that. and why would you think it would look any different.
marsian2

Re: What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like. The police package is the same

Postby marrokanec » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:02 am

The police package is the same as your everyday car--except cheaper seats--bigger brakes and a little extra electrical stuff. there are no true Police packages anymore
marrokanec

Re: What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like. I asked the guys at my job who

Postby Martanikla » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:44 am

Kirsten Trevino wrote:what does the car look like under the hood? and not just the engine but everything else too

I asked the guys at my job who repair the police cars. They say the Dodge charger engine and everything else looks like a regular dodge charger. They said the computer is programmed a bit different for police cars, the brakes are bigger, the shocks are stiffer. The engine has an oil cooler, transmission cooler, power steering cooler and bigger fans and bigger radiator. The engine also has an hour meter, of which the regular engine does not.
Martanikla

Re: What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like. they are all the same except fo

Postby fantastikboj » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:44 am

they are all the same except for the wiring harness and the heavy duty parts , suspension, oil and transmission coolers, heavy duty water pump, and the alternator.

those few mods are easy to do any vehicle.
fantastikboj

Re: What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like. It looks like any other dodge c

Postby muromco » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:49 pm

It looks like any other dodge charger engine>
muromco

Re: What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like. There is no difference in the l

Postby Avaislads » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:37 pm

There is no difference in the look of the engine. The police version is the same engine and suspension set-up as an SRT-8 model. The police version however does not have the ground effects kit, 20" rims or the SRT-8 badging. The true difference is that the police versions engine is not limited by a governor. (meaning the car can run a true top speed). Oh yeah and the police version comes with run flat tires.
Avaislads

Re: What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like.

Postby Julin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:21 pm

I got one pic of dodge car which is used by the police. The only difference is in color and nothing else. if you are talking about the engine i have searched a lot but i could not find any difference in it. Dump trucks

See the pic at: www dot allpar dot com/photos/dodge/charger/police/charger dot jpg
Julin

Re: What does a police car dodge charger engine looks like.

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:42 am

The dodge charger engine looks like a regular dodge charger. The engine has an oil cooler & power steering cooler. TurboProp Aircraft
Jennifer

Next

Return to Dodge Forum