Is a Dodge Nitro a good car to buy. How long will it last.

Is a Dodge Nitro a good car to buy. How long will it last.

Postby Moser1986 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:56 pm

I am 18 and I want a good 4 wheeling car, and a nice looking car. i am saving up to get a nice dodge nitro but if they dont last long im not sure if its worth it. If you know anything about them or dodges in general id appreciate some input. Thanks
Moser1986

Re: Is a Dodge Nitro a good car to buy. How long will it last. if you dont mind driving somet

Postby carrates11 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:54 pm

if you dont mind driving something that ugly
carrates11

Re: Is a Dodge Nitro a good car to buy. How long will it last. If you want a SUV for snow and

Postby Procezzi » Fri May 01, 2009 12:17 am

If you want a SUV for snow and rain and being on the road 99% of the time than the Nitro fits the bill, but it sounds like you want to do some off roading. I would get a Jeep Wrangler, and now that you can get the 4 door unlimited, then space is no longer an issue.
Procezzi

Re: Is a Dodge Nitro a good car to buy. How long will it last. I'm not impressed with them

Postby HltModeZ » Fri May 01, 2009 7:18 am

I'm not impressed with them, myself, and I'm a Mopar nut. Very cramped interior, which is inexcusable for a vehicle it's size. And it appears that everything inside is made of tupperware.

And don't even THINK about 4 wheeling in a crossover vehicle. The Nitro, and other crossovers are built on CAR chassis. They are really little more than tall cars with extra ground clearance. You might as well take a Camry out on the trail.

Take the money you've started saving, and spend it on a Ramcharger. NO WAIT, DON'T STOP READING YET! Then, instead of adding to the savings account, buy parts to upgrade your truck. Don't worry if you're not an ASE certified mechanic. You will learn as you go, It's not as difficult as you'd think. Anything you need to know is on the internet, if you do your homework, and there are people who have been there who WILL help.

Anyway, the Ramcharger would be alot more useful trail truck, and it would be a good project to keep you off the streets (you crazy kid.) Not to mention how much better you would feel about having a truck that you put YOUR OWN sweat into to bring it to life. Check out:

http://ramchargercentral.com/
HltModeZ

Re: Is a Dodge Nitro a good car to buy. How long will it last. New 4WD systems (especially on

Postby householdautofinance11 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Moser1986 wrote:I am 18 and I want a good 4 wheeling car, and a nice looking car. i am saving up to get a nice dodge nitro but if they dont last long im not sure if its worth it. If you know anything about them or dodges in general id appreciate some input. Thanks

New 4WD systems (especially on small "SUVs") are "smart" aka really just a poorly designed AWD which is no good for wheeling. And as for how long it will last, it's a Dodge. Not as long as it should.
householdautofinance11

Re: Is a Dodge Nitro a good car to buy. How long will it last.

Postby wink » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 am

For 2011 Dodge Nitro ranks 22 out of 23 affordable compact SUV. This ranking is based on our analysis of 47 published studies and test drives of the Dodge Nitro, and our analysis of reliability and safety. according to cnn, The...Dodge Nitro R/T 4X4 shovels a good cabin tech package into a vehicle that delivers mediocre performance and economy." but for edmunds, "The [2011]Dodge Nitro has a macho name and a macho image, but that's about where its appeal ends. Just about any other compact crossover SUV would be a wiser purchase." hope that this gives an answer to your dodge repair questions.
wink

Re: Is a Dodge Nitro a good car to buy. How long will it last.

Postby stenejohn » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:28 am

According to me, as compare to other normal cars dodge car is very different and have low demand in market.
and also some little issues during the driving.

I suggest you go for Honda..

Thank you.

Dodge trucks for sale
stenejohn

Return to Dodge Forum