i have a 98 cadillac sts battery keeps dying when car is off, before this happened the gas door kept opening.

i have a 98 cadillac sts battery keeps dying when car is off, before this happened the gas door kept opening.

Postby GoldSaller » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:40 am

i gave someone a jump off prior to my gas door opening every 3 min. on its on. i had to take the fuse out for the gas door to stop opening What is the problem?
GoldSaller

Re: i have a 98 cadillac sts battery keeps dying when car is off, before this happened the gas door kept opening. you have an electrical short so

Postby WortUore » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:00 pm

GoldSaller wrote:i gave someone a jump off prior to my gas door opening every 3 min. on its on. i had to take the fuse out for the gas door to stop opening What is the problem?

you have an electrical short somewhere. take it to the shop.
WortUore

Re: i have a 98 cadillac sts battery keeps dying when car is off, before this happened the gas door kept opening. Probably a switch stuck or a bo

Postby Duzzime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:53 am

Probably a switch stuck or a body control module issue.
Duzzime

Re: i have a 98 cadillac sts battery keeps dying when car is of

Postby johnsoch » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:36 pm

I have this exact problem!! Did anyone solve this?
johnsoch

Re: i have a 98 cadillac sts battery keeps dying when car i

Postby josentiu » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:57 am

Yeah, it's probably an electrical issue. Try checking the wires and replace the damaged ones. it might also be a distributor issue. If not check the battery and the switches connected on it. there are actually available Cadillac parts if you need them. Good thing more, you can have an access to them with the use on an internet service.
josentiu

Re: i have a 98 cadillac sts battery keeps dying when car i

Postby andysmith » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:32 am

Battery of car should be replaced at the time when it requires, it is necessary as we cant go with a damaged supply on the long route.

sap upgrade tool
andysmith

Return to Cadillac Forum