I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions.

I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions.

Postby semifurtad » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:58 am

I am currently in themarket for a car. I want something nice around 50 to 70K I would love to hear from someone who has experience with one of these cars to give me there opinion thanks.
semifurtad

Re: I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions. In initial quality ratings the

Postby alizeesite » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:02 am

In initial quality ratings the Cadillac outranks the BMW as far as quality, according to JD Powers. Cadillac dealer's also, as rated by JD, have better customer service policies. The Cadillac will not be as costly to maintain as the BMW ( I currently have a BMW and a Cadillac ). Expect high service costs on the BMW, once the free services are gone. I think that's why they give it to you free for a while, because the first time you have to pay for it will be as much as all the services you've had done to your Cadillac. The Cadillac is more user friendly than the BMW, too. The i-Drive is so stupid and can easily distract you from your driving. The Navigation on Cadillac is far superior and even has voice commands. It's your hard earned money and both are great cars- but I don't ever plan on getting another BMW- I'll keep my money in the US. Cadillac is Cool
alizeesite

Re: I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions. i've had a BMW x5 4.4 for l

Postby PrinceAllis » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 am

i've had a BMW x5 4.4 for like 3 years now, i still love it! so yea get a BMW x5! it's the sexiest car.. If u wanna cadillac get an escalade!
PrinceAllis

Re: I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions. It all depends on what body sty

Postby FonjGipl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 am

semifurtad wrote:I am currently in themarket for a car. I want something nice around 50 to 70K I would love to hear from someone who has experience with one of these cars to give me there opinion thanks.

It all depends on what body style you are looking for. Are you looking for a sedan, SUV or sports car?

If you're in the market for a high-end vehicle your best bet is to lease one since they tend to lose value fast no matter what any dealership will tell you.

If you are looking for an SUV I would go with the new Cadillac Escalade, the BMW X series are too similar to the body style of a station wagon.

If you are looking for a sports car go with a Cadillac XLR.

If you are looking for a sedan go for a BMW 5-series with the X package if you are going to be driving in the snow. Also you may want to check out the Mercedes CLS500 which is the first 4-door coupe.

Good luck!
FonjGipl

Re: I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions. I have a 2000 323i, manual tran

Postby Mihddtui » Fri May 01, 2009 3:48 am

I have a 2000 323i, manual trans, w/95K miles and have done all my own work since I bought it new. The car is very reliable. It is a very well designed car (except for the sunroof.) It is the best handling car I've ever driven. Steering, handling, balance, braking, power, shift linkage, are all perfect.

I would recommend a 3 or 5 series with any of their smooth-as-silk inline 6-cylinder engines. I think the V8 (540i) is unnecessary with gas nearly $4 per gallon. (I get 30+ mpg on the highway with ease.)

Check wikipedia.org for the International Engine of the Year award. BMW won 7 of the categories this year for its engines and has won 36 awards in the past 9 years. Nobody else comes close.

GM has done a very good job with its Cadillacs and the Northstar V8 is one of the best GM engines. But there is no comparison between a BMW and Cadillac.

One other factor: BMW owners tend be among the most loyal repeat buyers because the cars are so well designed and a pleasure to drive.
Mihddtui

Re: I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions. Go with the Caddy. Or wait a c

Postby BattleDED » Fri May 01, 2009 7:49 pm

semifurtad wrote:I am currently in themarket for a car. I want something nice around 50 to 70K I would love to hear from someone who has experience with one of these cars to give me there opinion thanks.

Go with the Caddy. Or wait a couple of years until Lincoln has something worth buying again. BMW is over-priced trash that costs a fortune to own. They are always breaking down, and parts and service are horrendously expensive!
BattleDED

Re: I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions. Check Consumer reports buying g

Postby carbuyers11 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Check Consumer reports buying guide . its in the library and book stores
carbuyers11

Re: I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions. If you are looking for true val

Postby LiraFordZeke » Sat May 02, 2009 3:04 am

If you are looking for true value, reliability and resale value...buy a Lexus or an Acura. I am in the car business...if you buy a Caddy expect the value to drop like a rock.....BMW's are nice and they pay for all Maintainence for the first 4yr/50000......but don't tend to hold the value like a lexus or Acura. All these makes and models are nice cars and driving them may help you make a decision. When I buy, I factor in value first(resale) then the reliability, and drivability. Remember highline cars typically use premium gas and are very costly to repair if problems occur. Leasing is the way to go if you tend to want a new car every 3-4 years. I'd say close to 50% of highlines are leases.

Gl luck with your car shopping...
LiraFordZeke

Re: I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions. definitely go with a BMW either

Postby rexsaniyah » Sat May 02, 2009 3:16 pm

definitely go with a BMW either a 3 or 5 series there much more reliable than Cadillac and much faster
rexsaniyah

Re: I am looking for a car Cadillac BMW what are you oppinions.

Postby wink » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:13 am

hope that this one may help you to decide whether what type of car you are going purchase. got this when i am searching for car maintenance.
Cadillac CTS (3.2L engine)
220hp
220ft. lbs. of torque
143mph limit
0-60 in 6.9 seconds
3509 lbs.
$31,345 Base MSRP

BMW 325i
184hp
175ft. lbs. of torque
128mph limit
0-60 in 7.1 (8.1)seconds
3219 (3307) lbs.
$28,100 Base MSRP

BMW 525i
184hp
175ft. lbs. of torque
0-60 in 8.2 seconds
146mph limit
3417 (3450)lbs.
$39,800 Base MSRP

Cadillac CTS (3.6L engine)
255hp
255ft. lbs. of torque
143mph limit
0-60 in 6.4 seconds (automatic only; 6 speed manual to arrive Q3 expected to do 6.2 by rough estimations)
3,568 lbs.
$36,580 Base MSRP

BMW 330i
225hp
214ft. lbs. of torque
128mph limit
3285 (3362) lbs.
0-60 in 6.4 seconds
$35,200 Base MSRP

BMW 530i
225hp
214ft. lbs. of torque
150mph limit
0-60 in 6.6 (6.9)seconds
3461(3483)lbs.
$44,900 Base MSRP

All numbers taken from manufacturer's respective sites. Numbers in parenthesis represent auto. trans. when both are available.
wink

Next

Return to Cadillac Forum