Question about Buick car trouble.

Question about Buick car trouble.

Postby Jwetuiwhvtnuhwb » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:29 am

For the past 2 months I have been having trouble with my car. It would be running fine and then it would just not start. No lights came on indicating any trouble, and everything would still come on clock, radio, windows would still power,so I knew it had nothing to to do with the battery. After awhile it would start again. I took it to my regular reliable mechanic and he could not find a problem, he said if it happens again do not attempt to start it and have it towed to the shop. However when it happened last time and I had it towed, it started for them. He said it could be a number of things and he did not want to put a new starter in it, because he was unsure it was that. Anyways, after a decision on my part a new starter was put in. It died again today. New starter and all. What the h*** can be wrong wih it? Its a 2001 Custom Buick LaSabre. Could it be a computer problem or the alternator???

They will contact to me tomnorrow as it was towed and they were closed.
Jwetuiwhvtnuhwb

Re: Question about Buick car trouble. Cam position sensor....you prob

Postby davemitrr » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Cam position sensor....you probably have a 3.8L V6 in that thing and it happens often on those engines. Had to replace mine too :) Random stalls or not starting...but suddenly after a while...it starts....my money is on the CPS.
davemitrr

Re: Question about Buick car trouble. are you saying the starter is n

Postby anita2005 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:18 am

Jwetuiwhvtnuhwb wrote:For the past 2 months I have been having trouble with my car. It would be running fine and then it would just not start. No lights came on indicating any trouble, and everything would still come on clock, radio, windows would still power,so I knew it had nothing to to do with the battery. After awhile it would start again. I took it to my regular reliable mechanic and he could not find a problem, he said if it happens again do not attempt to start it and have it towed to the shop. However when it happened last time and I had it towed, it started for them. He said it could be a number of things and he did not want to put a new starter in it, because he was unsure it was that. Anyways, after a decision on my part a new starter was put in. It died again today. New starter and all. What the h*** can be wrong wih it? Its a 2001 Custom Buick LaSabre. Could it be a computer problem or the alternator???

They will contact to me tomnorrow as it was towed and they were closed.

are you saying the starter is not turning over the car??

If you have old battery cables then change them first.

I aint over there to look at them but a helluvlotta times its just the cables.

How long have you had that battery??
anita2005

Re: Question about Buick car trouble. alternator. you can take it out

Postby scllschenectady » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:29 pm

alternator. you can take it out and get it checked

or maybe the starter.
scllschenectady

Re: Question about Buick car trouble.

Postby insane.nick » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:25 am

The distributor must not set to the right timing, adjust it to the set up where the delivery of the electricity syncronize to the the corresponding cylinder, once you got this, your car should be running fine. Also check the tension wires, if its too old and worn, replace it with new one.
insane.nick

Re: Question about Buick car trouble.

Postby harryshanon466 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 am

harryshanon466

Return to Buick Forum