How can i reuse old car tyres?

How can i reuse old car tyres?

Postby jacobteen » Wed May 04, 2011 10:53 am

I’ve just moved into a house and when I finally hacked through the nettles at the bottom of the garden, I found a set of old car tyres.

They look like they’ve been there for a good few years so probably aren’t any good for a car now and I know some companies make them into mouse pads and stuff but I was wondering what I can do with them myself.

My dad used to use tyres (AKA tires) as planters for growing veg – a single tyre became an instant raised beds for lettuce or herbs or a few stacked on top of each other became deep bins for potatoes. I guess the stacked ones could also be used as a compost heap too.

Any other suggestions?
jacobteen

Re: How can i reuse old car tyres?

Postby ChaseMark » Fri May 06, 2011 5:05 am

Besides using it to grow stuff...you could probably donate it to your local park or playground to turn it into rubber mulch....it's a lot better that having dirt and other playground chips....kids won't hurt themselves as much cos rubber mulch is softer....they should consider doing this if they haven't already...

Repossessed Car Auctions
ChaseMark

Re: How can i reuse old car tyres?

Postby andysmith » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:22 am

I agree with above reply, you can use old car tyres as mark has suggested you, nice to this reply.

sap solution manager
andysmith

Return to Audi Forum