How do u unlock an Audi A4 car radio.

How do u unlock an Audi A4 car radio.

Postby Troppikas » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:04 am

my car radio is saying safe and b4 i went to the audi dealership and the charge me 125 dollars. iwanted to know if anyone knew anything about this.
Troppikas

Re: How do u unlock an Audi A4 car radio. A lot of the newer A4 cars have

Postby robbsingletoon » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:29 pm

A lot of the newer A4 cars have the code on a sticker in the spare tire well in the trunk. That is if it is not in the radio or owners manual.
robbsingletoon

Re: How do u unlock an Audi A4 car radio. I had the same problem in my Au

Postby konanwar » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:59 am

Troppikas wrote:my car radio is saying safe and b4 i went to the audi dealership and the charge me 125 dollars. iwanted to know if anyone knew anything about this.

I had the same problem in my Audi A3. When u disconnect the battery of the car you can face it. Nothing to be done without knowing the code. 125$ is too much ...
konanwar

Re: How do u unlock an Audi A4 car radio. You are being ripped off $125 d

Postby Rook » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:58 am

Troppikas wrote:my car radio is saying safe and b4 i went to the audi dealership and the charge me 125 dollars. iwanted to know if anyone knew anything about this.

You are being ripped off $125 dollars is a ridiculous amount to pay.What it means is the radio needs coding a 4 didget code if you are lucky you should have this with the hand book for the car.Own an work on Audi in the UK.
Rook

Re: How do u unlock an Audi A4 car radio. You have to know the code. It s

Postby MuGaGAgo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:35 pm

You have to know the code. It should have been given when you got the car. If you have the code then entering it should unlock the radio. Worst case, I would suggest you go to a store like Best Buy and get an aftermarket radio. You can get an ipod link and MP3 radio pretty cheap right now.
MuGaGAgo

Re: How do u unlock an Audi A4 car radio.

Postby andysmith » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 am

In your manual book (Sound System Symphony) dealer gave you had a radio card which came with Serial number & Code number of your radio unit.

sap erp training
andysmith

Return to Audi Forum